Mango Coconut Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes and A New Green Juice Recipe



I'm pretty routine when it comes to what I eat for breakfast. Most nights I will put a bowl of Bob's Red Mill Muesli in the fridge with almond milk to soak overnight and I add berries to it in the morning. 

I needed to cook something different this morning because I recently ran out of berries to put in my muesli, and I won't eat muesli without berries. I decided on cooking a vegan buttermilk pancake recipe and adding my own flavors to it.

I had mango that I needed to use up in my fridge and I love the combination of mango and coconut together. So, it was decided that mango coconut buttermilk pancakes it would be for my out of the routine breakfast.

I also made one of my favorite green juice recipes that I will share along with the pancake recipe.


Mango Coconut Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes:
(recipe adapted from: http://thediva-dish.com)

2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or white whole wheat flour)
2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chia seeds
6 ounces water
2 cups almond milk
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup agave (or honey)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 mango, sliced
1/2 cup shredded coconut

  1. Combine the chia seeds and water and set aside.
  2. Combine the almond milk and vinegar and set aside.
  3. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  4. Add the almond milk mixture, chia seed mixture, coconut oil, agave and vanilla to the sifted dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
  5. Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt a teaspoon of coconut oil in the skillet.
  6. Add 1/4 cup of batter to the skillet and add the mango slices and shredded coconut to the top of the pancake. Once one side is browned, flip and cook for a couple of minutes on the other side.
  7. Top with maple syrup or honey and enjoy!
Yields: 12 pancakes
Calories per pancake: 160 calories

Kale, Apple and Carrot Green Juice:

2 cups kale
1 large fuji or gala apple
2 carrots
2 celery sticks
1 lemon, peeled
1/2 cup parsley
1 orange, peeled
  1. Add all of the ingredients to a juicer.
  2. Pour the juice into a glass with ice and drink up!

Comments

Popular Posts