Dark Chocolate, Avocado and Granola Pancakes



I've been eating these pancakes for 2 mornings straight and I love starting off my day with a healthy breakfast that tastes like dessert!

Made with whole wheat flour and a whole avocado, these pancakes are full of great grains and good fats. I had some leftover granola in my cabinets that I made recently and decided it would add a great crunch and more nutrients to these pancakes. I sprinkled it over the top of the pancakes while they were cooking and it made such a difference in the texture and taste. So good! I also took some full fat coconut milk that had been sitting overnight in the fridge and put a nice scoop on top. Along with the berries this was the perfect breakfast.


I have just enough batter left to last one more day and I can't wait until morning to eat these pancakes for the third day in a row! 


Dark Chocolate, Avocado and Granola Pancakes:
(recipe adapted from: http://www.nomeatnom.com)

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup almond milk
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup xylitol or sugar
1 ripe avocado, mashed
1/2 cup granola of choice
  1. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, sea salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
  2. Combine the milk, egg, vanilla, xylitol (or sugar) and mashed avocado in a separate bowl.
  3. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and stir well to combine.
  4. Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with some coconut oil cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet and top with some granola. After a couple of minutes flip the pancakes and cook for a few more minutes until cooked through. Serve with honey or a scoop of coconut milk.

Comments

Popular Posts