My Past Few Days



To all of my faithful blog followers, I have a very good explanation as to why I have not posted in a while, and will most likely not be able to post for a few more days. On Saturday afternoon I was overcome with nausea and stomach pain. As the day went on the pain got worse and I figured if I went to bed I would wake up and feel better. Well, I was very wrong and I woke up feeling worse.

The stomach pain moved from my upper abdomen to my lower and was very harsh in my lower right side. For most of the day I thought I might have air trapped in my abdomen and thought if I waited it out it would pass. The pain wasn't subsiding and I decided to look up symptoms for appendicitis. Here are a list of the symptoms listed on webmd that I experienced:
  • Dull pain near the navel or the upper or lower abdomen that becomes sharp as it moves to the lower right abdomen; this is usually the first sign, but it only occurs in half of appendicitis cases.
  • Loss of appetite
  • Nausea and/or vomiting soon after abdominal pain begins
  • Abdominal swelling
  • Temperature of 99 to 102°
I decided that having all of those symptoms most likely meant I had appendicitis. For any of you in the future if you experience most of these symptoms at once, especially the sharp pain in your right lower side, immediately go to the hospital.

On Monday morning at 1:00 A.M. I had my appendix removed and have mostly been laying in bed since, which means I can sadly not cook for most of this week. It is already driving me crazy!


I am very lucky to have my boyfriend and cat Pumpkinseed take such good care of me. My parents and sister have also been amazing. I'm hoping my recovery will be quick and I can return to cooking and blogging as fast as I can!

Comments

Popular Posts