Spicy Kale Chips



I woke up this morning feeling the best I have this week. My surgeon told me that by tomorrow or Monday I should be completely back on my feet and I am anxiously awaiting to feel normal again.

I have been able to make simple meals and snacks the past couple of days, but I feel very tired after being on my feet for too long. I was pretty exhausted after baking these kale chips, but they were so worth it once I was able to sit down and enjoy them.

You can enjoy this entire recipe for only 120 calories, which is almost unbelievable considering it makes a big batch and is so satisfying. I have been trying to eat low calorie meals and snacks the past week since I have had absolutely no physical activity. The fact that I can fill up on a nutritious snack for only 120 calories is great!


Spicy Kale Chips:

3-4 cups kale, torn into pieces
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can increase if you would like more spice)
  1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
  2. Combine all of the spices in a small bowl.
  3. In a large bowl, pour the oil over the kale leaves and add the spices. Mix using your hands or a spoon until all of the kale leaves are fully coated.
  4. Spread the kale onto baking sheets in an even flat layer. Do not overlap the kale leaves because they will turn out soggy.
  5. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the kale is crispy. Serve in a bowl and enjoy!
Calories for entire batch: 120 calories

Comments

Popular Posts