Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins



I baked these muffins a few days ago upon request of my boyfriend. He and our other roommate love these muffins and finish them off within a couple of days.

Packed with Ghirardelli chocolate chips (which in my opinion are the best chocolate chips out there) and full of banana flavor, this is the muffin recipe to make when you have some overripe bananas you need to use up.


To make these muffins sugar or gluten free, you can use a gluten free flour or substitute the sugar with baking stevia. I am extremely tempted to play around with this recipe to make it sugar free, but I think if I changed the flavor, even by a smidge, my roommates would not be too happy with me. So, I'll leave the recipe as I found it.

Honestly, these muffins will probably be eaten as fast at your house as they are at mine, so if you have a large amount of bananas you have to use, double (or triple!) this recipe. I hope you enjoy my and my roommates' favorite banana muffins!

Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins:
(original recipe from: http://dietrecipesblog.com)

3 medium very ripe bananas
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons Ghirardelli 70% chocolate chips
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
  2. Coat a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Whisk in the milk, egg, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
  4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
  5. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  6. Pour the batter into the individual muffin tins and bake for about 28-30 minutes, until baked through. 
  7. Remove the muffins from the pan and place on a cooling rack. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts