Buffalo Tempeh and Pineapple Quesadilla



The flavors in this quesadilla are so simple yet so delicious together. The crunch from the green pepper, spiciness of the buffalo tempeh and sweetness from the pineapple all compliment each other so well.


I've been in a rut of having either salads or smoothies for lunch the past few days and wanted something different today. I raided my fridge to see what I had lying around and this quesadilla is what I came up with. I love finding ingredients in the fridge that just happen to be delicious together.


This quesadilla has so much flavor and many health benefits. The pineapple is loaded with vitamin C and tempeh is a great source of protein. Using a 100% whole wheat quesadilla completes this well rounded lunch with healthy whole grains.

I hope you enjoy this simple and yummy lunch. I'm happy I got some veggies in this afternoon before indulging in some candy tonight. Happy Halloween!

Buffalo Tempeh and Pineapple Quesadilla:

1 100% whole wheat tortilla
1-2 tablespoon buffalo sauce (depending on how spicy you want it)
1/4 tempeh log, crumbled
1/4 cup light Mexican blend cheese, grated
1/4 green pepper, diced
1 pineapple spear, diced
  1. Spray a small skillet with non stick cooking spray. Add the tempeh and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the buffalo sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
  2. Add the green pepper and pineapple and cook for about 3 more minutes.
  3. In a large skillet add the tortilla and sprinkle the cheese over the surface. Let melt for about 5 minutes. Add the tempeh mixture to the tortilla and fold over. Transfer to a plate and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts