Creamy Sweet Potato and Rosemary Soup



I have been craving sweet potato soup every since having it in New Orleans last week. I knew I probably could not recreate the amazing soup I had at Commander's Palace, so I decided to try a sweet potato soup recipe from one of Giada's cookbooks.


This sweet potato soup is so creamy and satisfying. I can usually always finish my bowls or plates of food, but this soup is so filling that I could only eat half of a bowl. If you're looking for a light but filling meal, this is the one to have.


I love how flavorful, but not overly sweet this soup is. Shallots and garlic definitely offset the sweetness of the potatoes and maple syrup that are incorporated in this dish. All of the flavors blended together make a delicious soup. I hope you enjoy!


Creamy Sweet Potato and Rosemary Soup:
(original recipe from: Weeknights With Giada)

3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 large shallots, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
2 stems fresh rosemary
6 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
  1. In a large stockpot melt the olive oil and butter together. Add in the garlic and shallots and saute for about 3 minutes. Add in the sweet potatoes, chicken stock and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender. Remove the rosemary and discard. Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer back to the pot and whisk in the mascarpone and maple syrup. Serve and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts