Healthy Banana Walnut Oatmeal Cookies


As you can probably tell by the blue background appearing again in my photos, I am back at my off campus house to complete my last semester of college. I arrived yesterday and I am already snowed in today by another blizzard hitting New England. 


Luckily I have these delicious and healthy cookies to keep me company during the storm.


These cookies are crunchy, flavorful and very nutritious. They are made from healthy ingredients such as walnuts, mashed banana and hearty oats. I keep finding myself going to my cookie jar and breaking off little pieces of these cookies throughout the day, they are so good.


You can easily enjoy these cookies for breakfast with a side of fruit or as a snack. These are cookies that you can feel good giving to your kids after school.


I hope you enjoy these as much as I have been over the past couple of days. They are simple and quick to make, which is great because you will probably find yourself baking many batches as they will get devoured quickly!


Healthy Banana Walnut Oatmeal Cookies:
(original recipe from: http://www.skinnytaste.com)

1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup mashed ripe banana
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups quick oats
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
  1. Preheat the oven to 350° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
  3. In a large bowl, with a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
  4. Mix in the egg, mashed banana and vanilla.
  5. Stir in the flour mixture and oats by hand into the wet ingredients.
  6. Fold in the walnuts.
  7. Put heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
  8. Let cool on a cooling rack.

Comments

Popular Posts