Healthy Maple Pudding


This maple flavored pudding happened sort of by accident. I wanted to make a vanilla pudding because my boyfriend mentioned how much he likes vanilla pudding and had not had it in a long time. I found a healthy vanilla pudding recipe that called for maple syrup to naturally sweeten it.


The maple syrup that I happen to have was given to me by my boyfriend's mom and is pure maple syrup straight from trees in Western Massachusetts. It has an intense maple flavor and is very sweet. Once the puddings had set in the fridge my boyfriend and I each had one for dessert and realized that the maple syrup completely overpowered any vanilla flavor in the pudding. However, this was not a bad realization. These maple puddings are extremely delicious!


This recipe may turn out to be more vanilla flavored if you make it. If you do not have the intense maple syrup that I do, the maple flavor may not come across as strongly in your puddings. Either way, you will end up with a creamy and mouth watering healthy homemade pudding. Enjoy!

Healthy Maple Pudding:
(original recipe from: http://heavenlyhomemakers.com)

2 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup maple syrup
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  1. In a medium saucepan whisk together the milk, egg yolks, maple syrup, cornstarch and salt. Whisk continuously over medium heat until the mixture starts to become creamy and thick.
  2. Once the mixture has reached the thickness that you want, remove from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
  3. Pour the pudding into serving dishes and chill for 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts