White Bean, Corn and Turkey Chili



It is extremely cold in New England right now after the snowstorm we had yesterday. I have the heat cranked up in my off campus house, but the draft still gets through the big windows. I've pretty much been in my pajamas and under a blanket all day.


This chili was the perfect dinner to warm me up tonight. It was extremely quick to throw together and I loved that I could go back under my blanket while I let the soup simmer for an hour before serving.


Made with hearty and healthy ingredients, this chili will satisfy you and keep you full for hours after dinner. The beans and ground turkey pack this chili with a lot of filling protein and the chard adds great nutrients and vitamins.
 

Easy to make and made with delicious ingredients, this chili is sure to please you and your family. There are plenty of leftovers for me and my boyfriend to enjoy throughout the rest of the week. I can't wait to enjoy another warm bowl of chili tomorrow!


White Bean, Corn and Turkey Chili:
(recipe slightly adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/)

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds ground turkey
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons chili powder
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 cans cannellini beans, drained
1 pound swiss chard, stems removed and chopped
1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
4 cups chicken stock
pepper, to taste
  1. In a large pot heat the olive oil. Add in the onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for another minute. Stir in the ground turkey, salt, cumin, dried oregano and chili powder.
  2. Let cook for about 10 minutes, until the turkey is cooked through. Stir in the flour to the turkey mixture. Add the chard, beans, corn and chicken stock.
  3. Let the chili simmer for an hour. Season with pepper and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts