Strawberry, Almond Butter and Jam Oatmeal


I always wake up extremely hungry in the morning. I usually don't have the patience to cook a breakfast that will take more than 30 minutes to make. I've become addicted to this oatmeal recipe, not only because it is ready in about 10 minutes, but because it is so delicious and addicting!


In the summertime when I go down the cape with my boyfriend and his family, we sometimes go to the local weekend flea market. This past summer we discovered a jam maker who was providing samples of his jam at the market. I tried his raspberry rum jam and instantly fell in love with it!

You can top your oatmeal with any flavor of jam you want, but raspberry jam compliments the strawberries in the oatmeal nicely. I only have a couple of teaspoons of my raspberry rum jam left and I am not going to be happy once it is all gone (which will probably be tomorrow).


I like to enjoy this oatmeal with a delicious and warming cup of rum raisin flavored tea. I get my tea from Tea Forte and they have amazing flavors and variety. The rum raisin tea goes perfectly with the raspberry rum jam I put in this oatmeal.

This oatmeal recipe will become your new go to breakfast for those mornings you are short on time. It is very filling, nutritious and quick. With the time you save in the morning, you may even be able to sit down, relax and enjoy this hearty bowl of oatmeal with a warm cup of tea. Enjoy!


Strawberry, Almond Butter and Jam Oatmeal:
(makes 1 serving)

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon flaxseed meal (optional)
5-6 strawberries, diced
1 tablespoon crunchy natural almond butter
1-2 teaspoons raspberry jam 
  1. Heat the milk in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the oats and vanilla and let cook to your liking. I let mine cook for about 8-10 minutes.
  2. Remove from the heat and stir in the strawberries, flaxseed meal and almond butter.
  3. Transfer to a bowl and swirl in the raspberry jam. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts