Triple Strawberry Pancakes


I got woken up nice and early this morning by a screeching alarm that was sent to my phone by the state declaring a flood warning. Not the way I wanted to start my morning. I decided to make myself a delicious breakfast that would revive my energy this morning after being woken up by strong winds, rain and alarms.


I have been making this pancake recipe every once in a while for the past 3 years. I found it on one of my favorite blogs, Dashing Dish. This particular blog has extremely healthy and delicious recipes, and this recipe is one that reflects how great her other recipes are.


The truth is, I did not even plan on photographing and posting this recipe today. I had zero intention this morning of worrying about staging and plating my breakfast. I just wanted to cook and eat. After I plated these pancakes, I realized that I unintentionally made my plate look very eye pleasing and pretty. So, I decided to quickly take a few pictures before my pancakes got cold.


I think my photos look pretty blog worthy after a quick photo shoot with no planning or thought going into it. The colors are so bright and make you want to dig into this dish. The cacao nibs definitely make this dish complete. Chocolate and strawberry is of course a classic combination. If you don't have cacao nibs, you can certainly use chocolate chips.


I hadn't made this pancake recipe in so long and I will not be making that mistake again. I had forgotten how delicious these are. They are also loaded with protein from Greek yogurt and nutrients from the cacao nibs and strawberries. These pancakes being sugar free is also a great bonus. You are going to love these!



Triple Strawberry Pancakes: 
(recipe slightly adapted from: http://dashingdish.com/)

Pancake Batter:

1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 egg whites
1/2 cup oats
3 large strawberries, diced
1/8 cup water
2 stevia packets
  1. Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until well combined. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray with coconut oil non-stick spray. Pour batter onto the skillet to make 3 small pancakes. Cook until bubbles start to form and flip. Cook for about 5 minutes on the other side and transfer to a plate.
Greek Yogurt Topping:

1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon strawberry jam
1 stevia packet
1 tablespoon cacao nibs
3-4 strawberries, chopped
  1. Mix together all of the ingredients, except the chopped strawberries, in a small bowl and put on top of your pancakes. Place the chopped strawberries on top and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts