Fettuccine with Ricotta, Lemon and Green Beans


Although it still isn't feeling much like Spring here in Rhode Island, I decided to make one of my favorite Spring/Summer pasta dishes that I've been making for years now. It is particularly a favorite of mine and my mom's.


My mom will probably be pretty upset once she reads this post and finds out that I made this pasta while at my Rhode Island house where she can not enjoy it with me. She always gets excited whenever I make this when I'm home because it is made with such simple, yet very flavorful ingredients.


This is a perfect dish for the upcoming warm months because although it is a pasta dish, it is extremely light. The ricotta makes a creamy, yet healthy and light sauce that coats the pasta and makes every bite cheesy and wonderful.


The fresh green beans add a nice crunch and are a great compliment to the tender fettuccine. The pop of sweetness that you get when you bite into the slightly warm cherry tomatoes also adds to the delicious experience you will have while enjoying this pasta.


This dish is so light and bright that you definitely won't feel weighed down after enjoying it. Don't worry, it's not going to hurt your efforts to obtain that bathing suit body for the summer, that's for sure. 

Well, I am going to sign off on this post now and finish watching The Amazing Race. But I will stress one more time before this post ends that you have to try this recipe! It is one of the best and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Fettuccine with Ricotta, Lemon and Green Beans:
(original recipe from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/)

1 pound whole wheat fettuccine
1/2 cup part skim ricotta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 pound green beans, trimmed 
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 lemon, zested
salt and pepper, to taste
  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the fettuccine according to directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta. Mix the hot pasta in a large bowl with the ricotta and set aside.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add in the garlic and green beans. Saute for 4 minutes and then add in the pasta water. Cook for another 5 minutes, until the green beans are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
  3. Add the pasta to the skillet and toss with the green beans. Add in the cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper and toss one more time to combine. Plate the pasta onto serving dishes and garnish with the lemon zest. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts