Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad


I am such a fan of beet and goat cheese salads, especially when they have candied walnuts in them. It is always so much more delicious and exciting whenever I order a beet salad at a restaurant and they add in candied walnuts over plain walnuts. They add such great crunch and sweetness and I'm pretty much obsessed with them.


I had never roasted beets in the past (I've always bought them already roasted and prepared). I was a little bit intimidated to roast, peel and slice the beets because they can get very messy and make your fingers very red, but once I completed the task, it was so much easier than I thought it would be.


As long as you keep your peeling and slicing of the beets to a cutting board, clean up will be a breeze. The red dye in the beets cleaned right off my hands and cutting board with a little bit of soap and hot water, so you definitely don't have to be intimidated of preparing beets.


All of the simple and fresh ingredients included in this salad go so well together and all of the flavors and textures compliment each other perfectly. The creamy and sharp goat cheese is delicious when it is in the same bite as a sweet beet and crunchy candied walnut.


I not only enjoyed this salad as a side dish the other night for dinner, but there were plenty of leftover ingredients for me to enjoy today for lunch. This salad is loaded with protein from the nuts and cheese, and nutrients from the spinach and beets. It is the perfect healthy choice to enjoy for lunch or dinner! Enjoy!


Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad:

4 cups baby spinach
1 large beet
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
balsamic vinaigrette
  1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Put the beet in a roasting pan and coat with the olive oil. Roast for 60 minutes, turning the beet halfway through. Let the beet cool and peel the skin off. Thinly slice the beet into rounds and set aside.
  2. Put the spinach in a large serving bowl and add in the beets, goat cheese and candied walnuts. Coat with balsamic vinaigrette right before serving.

Comments

Popular Posts