Barbecue and Bison Pizza with Mustard Greens


By this time next week I will officially be a college graduate. I won't miss writing papers or taking tests, but I am going to miss my friends and living in such a beautiful house by the beach. College really did fly by and I will be extremely sad to leave it. 

I'm also going to miss my favorite spot where I take my blog pictures and the great natural light that the big windows in my off campus house offer. What will I do without my picture spot?


Well, I guess I'll try to take as many pictures of food before I move out next week. This pizza was made at just the right time of night where the natural light was perfect for photographing it. I think the pizza came out rather beautiful and it tasted just as good as it looked.


The barbecue sauce adds a great tang to this pizza and the mustard greens add a bit of spice. The mozzarella is of course ooey, gooey and rich and the bison is the best topping on this pizza in my opinion. If you have never tried bison, splurge a little bit and try it out. It's a great and healthier alternative to ground beef and is extremely delicious.

This simple, beautiful and very tasty pizza is a must try recipe. I'm sure I'll be making it many times during this coming summer. Enjoy!


Barbecue and Bison Pizza with Mustard Greens:

1 cup barbecue sauce (use your favorite brand)
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 pound ground bison
1 bunch mustard greens, chopped
salt and pepper
  1. Preheat the oven to 450° and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. I also like to sprinkle some cornmeal onto my baking sheet to make the bottom of the pizza more crispy. That is an optional step, but you have to spray your baking pan so the pizza does not stick.
  2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add your ground bison to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink, set aside.
  3. On a lightly floured surface roll out your dough into a large rectangle and transfer to your baking sheet. Stretch the dough to fit your baking sheet. 
  4. Spread the barbecue sauce onto the pizza dough leaving an inch edge. Top the sauce with your cheese, bison and mustard greens. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the dough is crispy. Slice and serve!

Comments

Popular Posts