Asparagus and Leek Crustless Quiche


I apologize for not posting a new recipe for so long! Lately I've been cooking simple and quick meals that I have been eating right away and not taking the time to take blog worthy photos of them. Basically, I've been a little lazy with photographing my food. 


After this absolutely beautiful and delicious quiche came out of the oven last night, I knew I had to stop and take the time to photograph it and post the recipe for all of you to enjoy.

The caramelized leeks in this quiche add a great sweetness and the asparagus add a needed crunch, because this quiche is crustless. Trust me though, you won't miss the crust one bit! The flavors, lightness and fluffiness that this quiche offers make up for it not having a crust.


I also paired a slice of this quiche with some oven roasted cherry tomatoes that I simple seasoned with some salt, pepper and olive oil and roasted for the last 15 minutes that the quiche was in the oven. The whole meal was absolutely delicious and I know I'll be enjoying another piece of this for lunch today! Enjoy!


Asparagus and Leek Crustless Quiche:
(original recipe from: Seriously Simple Parties cookbook)

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound asparagus
2 leeks, thinly sliced
6 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt and pepper
  1. Preheat the oven to 325° and heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
  2. Add the leeks to the skillet and let cook for about 10 minutes, until the leeks start to caramelize.
  3. Cut the ends off of the asparagus spears and discard. Cut the asparagus in half and add to the leeks. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes and set aside to cool.
  4. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, cheeses, salt and pepper until combined.
  5. Grease a quiche pan and transfer the vegetable mixture to the bottom of the pan. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the vegetables and bake for 45-55 minutes until the middle no longer jiggles. Let cool for about 10 minutes, cut and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts