Getting Back on Track (Recipes and Workouts)


I'm getting right back on track with healthy eating and regular workouts after my trip. I surprisingly did not gain a single pound in the 2 weeks I ate my way through Portland and Vancouver, but I still feel as if my body needs to detox a bit and I'm excited to be getting back to my regular healthy routines.


It's only been a couple of days since I've been home, but I already feel lighter and better. I've been keeping my meals low calorie, yet packed with protein and vegetables. I've also been trying to keep on my feet throughout the days and I finally did some weight lifting yesterday. I definitely lost some strength from not training the past few weeks, but I'm hoping to gain it back quickly.


The pictures of the meals above show mostly what I ate yesterday. I did not take pictures of the strawberries I had with 1 tablespoon of almond butter and the banana ice cream I had for dessert made with 2 frozen bananas, a splash of almond milk and a couple of pieces of dark chocolate. These recipes are simple and below I am also going to post links to the workouts I've been doing. Enjoy!

Workouts:
Recipes:

Strawberry, Blueberry and Peanut Butter Breakfast Quesadilla:

1 brown rice tortilla
4 strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons peanut butter
1 teaspoon stevia
1 teaspoon cinnamon
  1. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and spray with coconut oil cooking spray. Combine the peanut butter and Greek yogurt and spread onto one half of the tortilla. Top the Greek yogurt with the sliced strawberries and blueberries.
  2. Put the tortilla onto the skillet and let cook for about 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. Fold the tortilla in half and transfer to a plate. Combine the stevia and cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the quesadilla. Enjoy!
Pesto, Tomato and Goat Cheese Toasts:

2 slices Ezekiel sprouted bread
2 tablespoons pesto
1 plum tomato, sliced
1-2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
  1. Preheat the oven to broil. Toast the pieces of bread in a toaster until lightly golden brown.
  2. Place the toasted pieces of bread onto a baking sheet and spread both pieces with the pesto. Top with the sliced tomatoes and goat cheese. Place under the broiler for about 3 minutes, until the cheese is slightly melted. Enjoy!
Asparagus and Pea Risotto:

4 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, finely diced
1/4 cup white wine
20 asparagus spears, cut into thirds
1 cup peas
1 cup french green beans
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper, to taste
  1. Warm the vegetable broth in a medium saucepan over low heat. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add in the shallots. Saute for 2 minutes and add in the arborio rice. Let toast for another 2 minutes and pour in the white wine. Stir until the white wine has evaporated. 
  2. Next, slowly stir in the vegetable broth in 1/4 cup increments, stirring until most of the liquid has dissolved until adding in the next 1/4 cup. Continue this process until almost all of the broth has been used. 
  3. When almost all of the broth has been added to the risotto, add in the asparagus and green beans. Cook for about 3 minutes and stir in the peas. Finish adding the rest of the broth and stir until it has evaporated and the risotto is creamy. Stir in the salt, pepper, butter and parmesan and serve. Top with more parmesan, if desired.

Comments

Popular Posts