Raw Mini Chocolate Cakes with Avocado Chocolate Frosting



Fudgy, chocolatey, moist, sweet, delicious and addicting! Yes, all of those words describe these amazing mini raw chocolate cakes with avocado chocolate frosting.


As you all know I've been trying to eat clean and mostly vegetarian since I've gotten home from my 2 week long foodie trip out on the west coast. Let me tell you, it's been working! I've lost 2 pounds since being home and I attribute that to just being aware of what I eat and how much. My mom has also been trying to eat healthy with me and she's lost 3 pounds!


These little cakes are a great way to help me stay on track, while still allowing me to feel as if I'm indulging. They are raw, paleo and have zero eggs, sugar or gluten in them. Any fat in these cakes is good fat from avocados and almond meal. They are pretty amazing.


The great thing about these cakes is that a small one will satisfy any appetite or sweet craving. They are very rich and have protein in them, so one serving will fill you right up! You can also freeze any extras, so you can make a big batch and eat them for weeks on end. What's better than having weeks of endless healthy chocolate cake?!


Raw Mini Chocolate Cakes with Avocado Chocolate Frosting:
(original recipe from: Practically Raw Desserts)

Cakes:

1 cup applesauce
3/4 cup maple syrup (can use honey or agave)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup cacao powder (can use cocoa powder)
1 cup almond flour
1 cup coconut flour
  1. Combine the applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice and salt in a food processor. Add in the cacao powder and blend until combined. 
  2. Add in the almond flour and coconut flour and blend until a dough forms.
  3. Spoon the dough into individual muffin paper liners and top each with some of the avocado frosting (recipe below), refrigerate. You can also freeze the mini cakes.

Avocado Chocolate Frosting:

2 avocados, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup cacao powder
  1. Blend the avocados, maple syrup, vanilla, lemon juice and sea salt in a food processor. Add in the cacao powder and blend until smooth. Divide evenly among the cupcakes or store in a container in the refrigerator.

Comments

Popular Posts