My Latest Favorite Food Spots in NYC!


Get ready to drool while reading this blog post! I'm drooling a little right now just remembering how amazing all of the food pictured tasted, and I'm getting a little hungry as well. 

Let's just start with the first picture of the gigantic grilled chicken torta and mexican style grilled corn from the fabulous Cafe Habana, located just far enough from my apartment to make me walk there and back, therefore allowing me to feel a little less regretful after stuffing my stomach past capacity with this amazing food.

If you go to Cafe Habana in the company of a friend, I highly recommend getting your own ear of corn, and splitting a torta. They're absolutely enormous and not even I was able to finish a whole one. My boyfriend and I both could only eat half of our tortas, but we did wrap up both of our halves and found a very deserving a grateful gentleman to give the leftovers to. 


One of the greatest things about living in New York City is the fact that if you stuff yourself at dinner, you can always stroll around for as long as it takes to make room for dessert! Trust me, I have used this tactic often, and it always works.

Davey's Ice Cream, conveniently located in my neighborhood, is rich, creamy, addicting and delicious! I may have went a little overboard the first time I went there and ordered 2 different kinds of ice cream, which equates to 2 giant scoops of very rich (and filling) ice cream. If you don't want to feel a little sick from too much dairy, I recommend sticking to one scoop (as boring and difficult as that sounds).


Ok, now let's talk pancakes. Like serious pancakes. I'm talking pancakes you will have to wait at least 30 minutes for (if you get there 30 minutes before they open like my mom and I did) and pancakes that you will be dipping into MAPLE BUTTER!

Clinton Street Baking Company, located in the Lower East Side (again conveniently close to my apartment, lucky me!) is a small restaurant that always has a 1-2 hour wait on weekends. The trick to getting in on a weekend is getting there around 8:30 A.M. (a half an hour before they open) and waiting in line until 9:00 A.M. 

Now, if you do decide to go here for breakfast, you really should get their famous pancakes. I ordered the banana walnut and my mom had the blueberry. Their pancakes are extremely light and fluffy and come with a side of decadent and rich maple butter that is to die for!

Well, that's all for now! But don't worry, I'm going to keep eating (ah such a hard job) and sharing my NYC food finds with all of you. Stay full!

Comments

Popular Posts