Spring Ricotta Toast


I am fully embracing Spring this year! After surviving my first winter in Portland, Oregon (which consisted of snow, lots of rain and dark, dreary days) the sunshine and longer days are much needed.


I'm not only embracing the Spring weather, but I've become obsessed and so excited about the new produce that has been popping up at the farmer's market. I go every Saturday to the market and each week I find a new fruit or vegetable that has come into season! Some of my purchases from this week included asparagus, snap peas, radishes, strawberries, lettuce, apples and dandelion greens. 


I asked the local farmer who I bought the radishes from to keep the tops on for me. I made a delicious pesto out of them and mixed that pesto in with the ricotta used in the toast recipe. To make the pesto just blend radish greens with basil, pumpkin seeds, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, olive oil and salt in a food processor.


Everything about this toast screams Springtime. The colors and flavors alone will put you in a good mood! I love the hints of pink that pop amongst the different shades of green. I enjoyed this toast for my lunch yesterday, but it would also make a great breakfast or even dinner. 

So, get to your local farmer's market, buy the ingredients to make this toast and enjoy the taste of Spring! It's finally here!


Spring Ricotta Toast (1 Serving):

Ingredients:
  • 1 piece of your favorite bread, toasted
  • 4 radishes, thinly sliced
  • 3 asparagus spears, thinly sliced
  • 4 snap peas, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • 2 tablespoons pesto
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • grated parmesan (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Heat the butter in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add in the radishes, asparagus and snap peas. Season with salt and cook for about 5 minutes, until vegetables have softened.
  2. In a small bowl combine the ricotta and pesto.
  3. Spread the ricotta mixture onto the toast. Top with the vegetables. Grate some fresh parmesan over the top if desired (I highly recommend it). Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts