Skillet Thyme Potatoes


I have started a small garden on my balcony at my apartment and one of the plants I have out there is fresh thyme. I love having fresh herbs at my disposal to add to dishes that I cook throughout the week!


This dish is very simple and so delicious. The potatoes get a nice initial flavor from being boiled in vegetable stock. As the vegetable stock begins to evaporate, the flavor gets concentrated. At the end of cooking the potatoes I ended up with a creamy vegetable broth at the bottom of the pot, which added to the flavor of the potatoes. 


I paired these potatoes with roasted chicken and roasted farmer's market vegetables (pictured below). These would also be great with eggs for breakfast! They also make a big batch that you can serve throughout the week. Enjoy!


Skillet Thyme Potatoes:

Ingredients:
  • 3 pounds yukon gold potatoes
  • 3 cups vegetable stock
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 20 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • salt
Instructions:
  1. Place the potatoes in a large sauce pot and cover with the vegetable broth. Add in 3 tablespoons of butter and bring to a boil. Cover and continue to boil until potatoes are cooked through and most of the vegetable stock has evaporated.
  2. Take the potatoes out of the pot and let cool. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into small pieces.
  3. Heat the 4 tablespoons of butter in a large cast iron skillet. Add in the potatoes (or as many that can fit in an even layer in the skillet). Add in the thyme sprigs and season with salt. Let cook for about 5 minutes on one side, until golden brown and flip the potatoes. Let brown on the other side.
  4. Repeat this process until all of the potatoes are cooked.
  5. Serve and enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts